The Hills are alive… Tour®
Enjoy a full-day Tour exploring the locations of the movie “Sound of Music”!
A tour exploring backstage information, historical facts about the locations and not only. Combine the town of Salzburg, landscape of the Alps’ mountains and the surrounding lake district area!
As all of our tours are tailor-made tours we can change the itinerary according to your interest / need or ideas.
During this tour we will pick you up with one of our glass-roof vehicles and will drive with you through the town of Salzburg.
We will definitely show you the following locations:
- showing you the gardens of Mirabell
- the abbey of Nonnberg (where Julie Andrews went into it and where the original von Trapp family got married)
- the palace of Leopoldskron (the back of the von Trapp family’s home in the movie)
- The palace of Frohnburg (the front of the movie’s home)
- The palace of Hellbrunn (the gazebo is here)
- either the meadow where Julie Andrews filmed the opening scene, or the meadow of the Do-Re-Mi-song (depends on weather, or the field conditions)
- the von Trapp Villa (there the real family lived)
- the lake district area (mentioned in the opening)
- the village of Mondsee & it’s church (where the wedding scene was filmed)
After that we will drive you back to the pick-up location, unless you want to be dropped off somewhere else in the area of Salzburg.
Enjoy a full-day with us and let us entertain you, welcoming you and explore the locations together with you!
Looking forward welcoming you at Salzburg, where the hills are still alive…