Ice Caves and Fortress Werfen Tour
Enjoy a full-day Tour exploring the Ice caves of Werfen and the fortress of Werfen with it’s falconry!
A tour exploring the fascination of the permanent ice, a fortress that brings you alive the medieval times and the fascination of a falconry: See how falcons, eagles, etc were and are still used for hunting, as well as seeing these fascinating birds flying over your head and in action!
This tour is only available to do between May and October each year!
As all of our tours are tailor-made tours we can change the itinerary according to your interest / need or ideas.
During this tour we will pick you up with one of our glass-roof vehicles and will drive with you through the town of Salzburg.
For this tour you must have solid and comfortable shoes wit you, as there is some walking necessary.
We will definitely include the following:
- drive from Salzburg to the are of Golling
- drive over the Pass Lueg
- drive through the Salzach Gorge
- Drive up the mountain to the parking lot of the Ice caves
- Walk uphill to the cable car station (about 15minutes walk)
- cable car up the mountain
- walk uphill to the entrance of the ice caves (about 15-20minutes)
- See the fascination of the permanent ice (steps inside)
- drive to the fortress
- funicular into the fortress (used as a movie location of: “Where eagles dare”)
- falconry: See the show of the falcons, eagles, hacks, etc. See them flying around and learn how these birds hunt.
- Included guided tour through the fortress
After that we will drive you back to the pick-up location, unless you want to be dropped off somewhere else in the area of Salzburg.
Enjoy a full-day with us in the mountains!
Looking forward welcoming you at Salzburg, where the hills are still alive…