Ice Caves and Fortress Werfen Tour
Enjoy a full-day Tour exploring the Ice caves of Werfen and the fortress of Werfen with it’s falconry!
A tour exploring the fascination of the permanent ice, a fortress that brings you alive the medieval times and the fascination of a falconry: See how falcons, eagles, etc were and are still used for hunting, as well as seeing these fascinating birds flying over your head and in action!
This tour is only available to do between May and October each year!
We focus on private tours and therefore are more than flexible to adapt the tour as you prefer.
For this tour you must have solid and comfortable shoes wit you, as there is some walking necessary.
During this private tour we will cover the following points:
- drive from Salzburg to the are of Golling
- drive over the Pass Lueg
- drive through the Salzach Gorge
- Drive up the mountain to the parking lot of the Ice caves
- Walk uphill to the cable car station (about 15minutes walk)
- cable car up the mountain
- walk uphill to the entrance of the ice caves (about 15-20minutes)
- See the fascination of the permanent ice (steps inside)
- drive to the fortress
- funicular into the fortress (used as a movie location of: “Where eagles dare”)
- falconry: See the show of the falcons, eagles, hacks, etc. See them flying around and learn how these birds hunt.
- Included guided tour through the fortress
By the end of the tour you will return back to the city of Salzburg for saying good-bye to you.
Enjoy a full-day with us in the mountains!
Looking forward welcoming you at Salzburg, where the fascination of Ice and castled come together!