Enjoy a full-day Tour exploring the locations of the movie “Sound of Music”!
If you love the movie Sound of Music by Rogers and Hammerstein, featuring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, this tour is a must! During the eight-hour tour, you will visit nearly all of the locations where the movie was filmed, be provided interesting backstage information and historical facts about the location, and learn the difference between the real Von Trapp family and the movie family (how much Hollywood has changed and how much of the true story was retained).
“A perfect tour to see the best of Salzburg has to offer: mountains, lakes, friendly people and stunning views! A tour not to be missed!” (by one of our travelers)
As all of our tours are tailor-made tours we can adapt the itinerary according to your specific interest, including a combination of a tour of the town of Salzburg, the Alps’ mountains and the surrounding lake district area!
Pickup and drop-off service is already included in the price!
The locations you will visit that were featured in the movie sound of music include:
- the gardens of Mirabell
- the abbey of Nonnberg (where Julie Andrews appeared and where the original von Trapp’s were married)
- the palace of Leopoldskron (the back of the von Trapp family’s home in the movie)
- The palace of Frohnburg (the front of the home in the movie)
- The palace of Hellbrunn (the gazebo is here)
- either the meadow where Julie Andrews filmed the opening scene, or the meadow of the Do-Re-Mi-song (depends on weather, or the field conditions)
- the von Trapp Villa (there the real family lived)
- the lake district area (mentioned in the opening)
- the village of Mondsee and its church (where the wedding scene was filmed)
Following the tour you will be returned back to the pick-up location, unless you want to be dropped off at another location in the Salzburg area.
Enjoy a full-day with us and let us entertain you and make the movie sound of music come alive!
We look forward welcoming you at Salzburg, where the hills are still alive…